Yesterday the moon and I stayed up late together as usual
But this time I was closer to her
It was like our first date after so many years

The last time I could remember was childhood
Tales by actual moonlight
My dad had gone on a trip
My mom had gone to heaven
It was just me, my brother and uncle Boro
He would tells us tortoise stories some days
Other days he would tell us about the Boro revolutionary days

Last night I came out with my silk night wear and my phone
Although my initial intent was to force myself to sleep while watching her from my window
But the mosquitoes in my room won't let me be
So I fleet the room again and came out to be with her
Because she seemed lonely
It wasn't like the other days where people were talking to her and she wasn't talking back
She seemed really quiet
Although her shine was really bright
She seemed like the lady in red, all dressed up at the bar with the intent of enjoying the night alone

So I came out, all dressed up
Grabbed a chair and enjoyed the still cool breeze as we stared at each other silently


Two hours later, she woke me up
So I could steal some sleep before the sun came out

Yours truly
Deedee

Comments

  1. This is a very beautiful piece. Indeed the little things we do continuously everyday defines who we eventually become.
    Thank you Ma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!