THE IMPERFECT ONES




They are the keepers,
The ride-and-dies,
They are the ones with the bad habits and lingering weakness,
The ones that will have many fall-outs with you but still stay till the end.

I always say, if I’ve never had a fight with you then I don’t consider you my real friend.
(Fight as in, serious argument or disagreement or contrasting views and thought pattern about a subject)
You know what makes these ones special?
Their imperfectness has opened their eyes to the imperfection that lies in every one and the understanding that our imperfections don’t render us invalids but makes us beautiful and friendship is about covering up for the weaknesses of each other and learning to live together through it all. They know forgiveness. They understand the meaning of friendship. They will always show up for you somehow.

Those are the ones you should keep in your life.
They have gone through multiple midlife-crises at just age 35.
They have made very bad choices.
They have thrown away opportunities.
Their bad habit is their only hindrance to blowing
But you know what; they know and they aren’t ashamed or living in regrets, they are working on getting and being better every day and are leaning on your help which you enjoy giving.
That’s why you, even if you think you are perfect, they see through you and know your weak spots and help you through it without your knowledge….because they have been there…
On the other hand, if you’re a fellow imperfect one like them, the ride is even more haphazard and intriguing and fun

This reminds me of one of my dad’s bosom friend. He visits till this day, and sometimes has to sleep in the parlor because all the rooms are filled up….he is rich enough to afford a hotel but he’ll rather spend the night in his friend’s house and have conversations till midnight before retiring to bed….conversations that linger most times because of their conflicting perceptions but yeah….everyone eventually gets the other one’s point.
Friends that stick….imperfect ones….with conflicting values and view but stick till the end
I respect him for that because his other so called friends might not go through all that stress to keep in touch and maintain fellowship

I am blessed with friends like that too. In fact I think I’m drawn to them.
The ones that you can call and tell your biggest flop to without feeling ashamed….the ones you can laugh about all your insecurities with…the ones you don’t have to please and sit upright by…and I think I’m that imperfect friend too….
Leave this entire “prim and proper” thing you see on social space. I am that imperfect one to many.
That’s why some hard days are so easy. You have these ones as pillars.
There’s one that is more than a few years older than me but when I’m upset or tensed, I’ll start yelling at her then she’ll wait for me to finish then say; “Shey it’s me you’re shouting at like a child…remember I’m older than you oh”
I’ll now laugh and apologize and story ends.
Find those friends. Keep those friends. Be those friends.

Love Deedee
XOXO  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!