BOYS LIKE BAYRON


BAYRON: a noun (name of person)
Meaning: Sweet and Kind. Romantic.
My supposed drug dealer 30-day boyfriend
But
Love happened
Symptoms;
Constant desire for my company
Continuous request for an opportunity to impregnate me immediately
Offer to take me to meet his family
Narration of his life story
On my part
I liked him a little more than a bit
Reasons;
He is sarcasm personified
He likes them natural
Humble to the core, or so I think
Exposed
My problem however with the situationship;
He wants to live a fairytale life with me
Too bad my life is too serious for tales
It’s a week today but seems like the last of our 30 day journey
I can’t continue because I don’t want to hurt him, I’m nice like that
He is really deep in, waist-deep to be precise
I don’t know if I’m the sweetest girl on earth or people like him never really met girls like me
I did learn a lesson or two and these seven days have been a bitter-sweet-sour mix, which I don’t regret
It’s a strange sheet in my archive, one I will bookmark with purple ink
*                             *                             *
As it is my habit, I wrote this in one of the journals I got specifically for boys, (cos yes, I like boys….the male gender actually but I prefer calling them boys) a week after I met Bayron on Facebook. It started with a poke, several poke-backs and then a meet-up that same day.
Three years later of back and forth arguments and disagreements, and ignoring each other for months, we ended up here. At our favorite rendezvous spot, sipping red wine and talking about life, business plans, past experiences, bad decisions, better days, deeper friendship and maybe loves; the one that lasts forever and brings babies that don’t tear us apart.


I’m usually the strict, uptight, principled lady in the room who mostly likes to follow schedules alongside the dos and don’ts. But that day for some strange reason, I decided to let my hair down.
Sometimes life would bring you angels in black hoodies, would you run away because you can’t see the face or would you poke back and let the journey begin??
PS:
You know those hire boyfriend plans? It only looks good on TV.
He wasn’t a drug dealer or in the army or an engineer, he was just messing with my head
What if I say, he proposed?

Love Deedee.
XOXO 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!