SERIES FROM SIT (STORIES IN TRANSIT)

One of those days I had to travel, I got stuck in traffic and missed the event I was going for but guess what!
I met someone and had an interesting conversation with him. The journey ended up not being a total waste.
It was a weird and interesting experience for me.
So I sat in between two guys on the journey. Mr X was seated by my right while Mr Y, my left. I named him “Y” because why should I have a conversation with him… I felt he didn’t deserve it.
Let me start from the beginning, please.
We were all seated quietly minding our businesses except for me who was using my side eye to check out the guys seated next to me; their mannerisms, cologne or body odour, dress sense, etc, out of boredom oh not “aproko”….until we got stuck in a holdup (as per Nigerian bad roads plus those trailers that choose strategic bad spots to get spoilt in)…..our driver on the other hand was not patient enough and made bad decisions based on passengers suggestions….that’s how we spent close to two hours at a spot…..
Me that is a preacher of “while waiting….do something else”, I was thinking of how to start a conversation with Mr X because prior to our predicament, I heard him speak on the phone so fluently and his voice was calm and soothing….when Mr Y boldly walked up to me (we all had to come out of the car) and started a conversation with the wrongest of phrase….
 “Is he your boyfriend?”
“Who?”
“Mr X”
“No, why do you think he is?”
“You guys look like you’re dating”
“Oh”
Then he goes ahead to introduce himself and start yapping.
Yapping that, even if Mr X is my boyfriend that it’s just for a while because he will soon take over…..(like I was some baton used for marathon).
Kai
That was the height for me
I just told him that Mr X my boyfriend, is getting jealous because I left him standing alone and I have to go….Mr Y was still insisting I take his number and give him a call because his phone was off even when I promised not to call him…I just walked away. I wasn’t ready for someone’s freshly graduated son to use me and shine.
This gave me an opportunity to walk up to Mr X and introduce myself as his girlfriend for the rest of the journey so that Mr Y will not bore me to death as he promised to, when we get back into the car.
Turned out Mr X was a public health personnel. He talked a lot about his job and passionately. I like passionate people. I learnt a lot from him. We had other interesting discussions for the length of the trip including how he wanted to say hello at the beginning of the trip but for my fake wedding ring. He thought I was married and was pissed that Mr Y was trying to “razzle” a married woman.
Who knows how many husbands this ring has pursued? Well thank heavens the ring is missing.
The discussion about his job leads me to today’s nugget.
When last did you do a HIV test? Do you know your partner’s status?
The reactions I always get from this question is; “I’m scared” or “I don’t have HIV”.
This question is directed to every sexually active person; single or married.
We have to take these issues seriously.
HIV screening test is free. Go to any general hospital, teaching hospital or Health Centre and get tested.
Afterwards, get your partner test.
On my next post, I‘ll tell you what happened when I went to get tested a few weeks after we met (Me and Mr X)
Extra gist. Do you know Mr Y still insisted on me taking his number after Mr X alighted? I took is number and saved it on my phone but never called and can’t even remember the name. I’m nice like that.
Please drop your comments below and share this post if you find it interesting   

Comments

  1. Dee hope u re now Mr x girl friend,because from ur story u don fall in love already,when I see u,I will ask u personally,eyeballs to eyeballs...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!