The words they never spoke of (1)

The earliest I could remember about childhood was the part where my mother taught me the names with which to identify the different parts of my body.
I was taught the eyes;  the two identical black and white balls stuck at the top right and left side of my face which I used to see.
Next was the nose, then the mouth, teeth, tongue, ears, legs, hands, novel, breast and bumbum. That was all.
Kindergarten was pretty much same.
Then in nursery school we got to learn other parts like chin, ankle, jaw, shoulders, and so on
I knew my teachers were missing out one part but I was too shy to ask. So I asked mum one evening while she was giving me a bath.
"Mummy I want to wee-wee" I said.
She waited a couple of seconds then told me to bend down so she could rinse that part of my body. As I bent down and stared at my wee-wee,  I seized the opportunity to ask
"Mummy what is the name of this place"
"Which place?" she asked, even when she saw the direction of my fingers
"The place where my wee-wee comes out from" I replied
"Why are you asking?" she scolded
"Because nobody has told me the name of that part of my body.  Not even my teacher"
Then she reluctantly said, "it is your bumbum"
"But my bumbum is at the back where I poo from" , I replied
She seemed upset and I wondered why
"It is your wee-wee. Stand up while I dry you up and dress you for bed" she finally replied
And that was the end of me asking about my wee-wee
I had an elder brother but never saw his wee-wee or even knew it was different from mine. As far as I was concerned, everyone wee-weed with their wee-wee

That is how life went on smoothly for me until one day in primary school, primary 2 to be precise, Daniel happened to excuse himself from class just after I took permission to use the toilet......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!