I fell in love with me


"We are never what we've been through" Words I will never go back on.
I was molested at childhood 
An addict in teenage age
Started smoking after High School
Had midlife crisis at early adulthood
Then I fell in love. I fell in love with my brother's girlfriend. 
She was everything I wanted to be
I thought the road was smooth for her
So I asked to hear her Fairytale and she gracefully narrated a beautiful nightmare I would never forget.
Her story was worse than mine but boy! how she told it was more beautiful than "happily ever after". 
She turned all the roadblocks into new adventures and crossroads into new levels. The stones and thorns were but needle pricks she giggled about. 
Then and only then did I realize that I write my story.
I portray it the way I want. 
I can be whatever I want. I decide to stay low or stand up. 
I decide to laugh it off or suck it in Forever. 
I decide to be beautiful, smart, happy, lively. 
I decide to either fall in love with myself or detest myself. 
I realized it all lied within me. 
That night, I fell in love again but this time with myself. 
There was no deliverance or counselling session or anointing service. I just picked my sweet self up and left all my past down. All I wanted to do was improve myself.
I moved to a new place the next month, payed a tutor to brush me up on school work, washed the purple tint off my hair and cut it really low. 
I decided to start attending church; evening services for a start. 
I started watching motivational videos on u-tube.
I kept all my friends safe in my past.
The next time i saw Prisca (bros gf), she fell in love with me. 
Not only her by the way, people I never imagined would. 
I commanded respect everywhere I went. 
Then I went back on memory lane and congratulated myself on my debut script......

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... No one has an excuse. Life misfortunes being the reason for failure is now a cliché. Because, the life you still have is more that just what you need to make a fresh start.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!