Of Saturdays and Tales and Proposals


He took me out to dinner at this fancy restaurant I've always wanted to visit.
While eating, he talked excitedly and passionately about the contract he just finally got signed unto.  I could feel the ecstasy even though I was just a listener. It was as though I got the contract too.
Just after we ordered for desert, he handed me a shopping voucher worth five zeros for Christmas. There was an awkward silence as I stared at the piece of paper in my hand with a smirk on my face. He asked me why I wasn't excited about it, that I deserved it because I was patient with him through the lowest of times.
Thoughts ran through my head while he spoke words I couldn't hear. He never noticed the eye bags sitting beneath my lids or the fact that my collar bones were more visible. He never asked about my presentation at work or if my mini-surgery was successful. He was even surprised about the scar on my arm and asked what had happened there. Now he hands me a voucher and expects me to leap for joy.
"Thank God he finally got the contract, so there's no excuse of me leaving him because he is broke" I thought.
"Victoria", he exclaimed and I snapped out of my thoughts.
I stood up, handed him the voucher and said "congrats on your new project. I guess we are done with the old now. Goodbye baby". I kissed him subtly on the cheek.
He sat perplexed and asked what he did wrong and I told him all I needed was love and attention.

It's a breezy Saturday evening, I and George are playing scrabble at my balcony and  he's busy laughing at my tale, to my surprise ofcourse. Then he says "Love and attention huh, we've been friends for 6 years and I've given you love and attention for that long"
It's his turn to play so he places the letter tiles on the board and kneels on one knee with a tiny box in his hand and says "Third time is a charm right?
oh, the word the played was MARRYME.
My jaws dropped and I froze.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!