LIST OF BUCKETS


Buckets

I’ve never really liked them

First thing that comes to mind when that word is mentioned is
Boarding school
Imiringi
Those iron buckets (as we called them) that seniors give you to fetch water with after which you see red swollen lines on your frail palms after two rounds

Or

When we as children had to go across the road to fetch water with paint buckets to fill our drum at home because we hadn’t dug a borehole yet….it was a few years after mama kicked the bucket
Another bucket again

I never understood why everyone was crying
I thought they said she went to heaven, probably on an errand…maybe Jesus wanted to feature her in his new song
Because the last letter we wrote her got a reply of “I am well now. I will soon be with you again. Last night was the best night of my life. I was singing with the angels in heaven”
I got to realize a few months later that she kicked the bucket
Damn you bucket 
Damn you.

So that’s why I never had a bucket list. I always felt it was ridiculous; like boxing one’s self or putting unnecessary pressure and killing the vibe called spontaneity.
Until today
It had been freaking hot for days. I had been sleeping naked on the floor for days too.
The heat became so excruciating I got up, packed a bag and headed to the pool.
Thank heavens; no one was there but the uninterested attendant napping out his work hour. So I dived into the pool. Beneath the water surface, I pulled off my swim suit and enjoyed the feel of the water caress my bare skin (nothing in between)
I’ve always wanted to go skinny dipping
So yeah, I did enjoy it 
Until I woke up to the beeping of a car’s horn.
Precious was finally here to take us to the pool. Hopefully, I might make this dream come through and tick this activity off my non-existential _______ list 
And maybe take pictures of strangers and post online 

.
.
.
.
.
I still don’t like buckets or have a bucket list
But I do exciting things every now and then and throw it in a bucket  
So when I die someday, there would be beautiful memories of a life once lived outside a bucket.
Don’t try to read it again, there’s no meaning to it
Lol

Glossary
Iron bucket - an open, round container made of metal (iron) with a handle 
Paint bucket - a down-cycle material...gotten from used emulsion paint containers 
Kick the bucket - an idiomatic expression that symbolizes death 
Bucket list - a list of activities a person proposes to do before dying 
Skinny dipping - swimming butt naked 
  
Love Deedee
XOXO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!