Lunch breaks and blind dates

It's been ages since I've gone on a date or worn makeup or taken pictures 

It's been ages since I've had a reason to smirk  talk less of smile

It's been ages since I've done anything crazy, out-of-the-ordinary, anything "me"

My head has just been buried in work, covered with deadlines, and queries to respond to, and attempts to going back to being jobless. 

Then Tracey 

Tracey won't let me be with the blind dates. this time it's with her IJGB cousin. 

I said No. 

Then she said, "You sound tired, I prepared KKF (plantain porridge) with half-ripe plantain". 

This was and will always be my all time fav. So this time, 

I said Yes. 

I like my food served with aesthetics and steam (as e dey hot) 

Tracey knew that too. 

I came. 

I ate. 

was about to leave... 

When Charles walked in. 

I only knew he was tall. 

I didn't notice the color of his skin, his eyes, his dentition or his tone (Bari or bass) 

He was forward though 

"Hi, my name is Charles. You must be Deigha"

"Yes. Nice to meet you and Au revoir"

"I'm leaving too. Let's take a ride around town. A short one I promise".

"I have to go back to work".

" Just a 10 minute ride". 

"Ride to where?" 

"that's for you to decide"

(just in case you were expecting to hear I entered a 2019 Benz model or Maserati... sorry to bust your bubble.... it was a jalopy, no AC car 😝) 


So I drove on that new road leading to Ogbia.....it was my first time driving as fast as 140km/h.

No words spoken. 

just thoughts 

and the wind 

and nature

then the dark clouds began to disappear 

and the weights began to lighten 

until there was nothing left. 

I was one, I beg your pardon, we were one with the wind, with nature. 

then I slowly released my legs from the accelerator 

we began to de-accelerate back to earth. 

then I parked. 

We both came down and screamed. 

He looked different or maybe I saw him now. 

Brown eyes, brown skin, braced dentition, full brows, scanty hair. 

Afterwards 


I talked about my job. 

He talked about his baby girl. 

We took pictures. Then he drove me back to work; deadlines and co. 

.

The end. 

PS. 

We didn't get to exchange numbers. 

I still haven't told Tracey about it. 

.

Shhhhhh

Love, DeeDee

XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!