Look Who's Back

Hello guys,
First of all, lemme apologize for not blogging in almost a year or more. It's not like I totally stopped writing but I have been doing so on a different platform plus a lot has happened since my last time here.....I wish I could share it all but I wouldn't want to bore you guys with my life issues. Nevertheless I'll be sharing subsequently in bits and pieces, afterall, this blog is about stories.
While I was away, I started a series called "Stories In Transit" (SIT) on my whatsapp stories where I wrote about funny experiences I encountered while travelling. I'll be moving the series here for legacy sake and to humor you of course. I also finally published my first book on okadabooks online bookstore, so go check it out please.
On to the business for today; I'll be sharing my December experience aka "DETTY DECEMBER". It was a very "detty" one indeed.
It started off with me and my girls planning a getaway together which didn't come to fruition because life happened. I learnt some things I'll share though on "How to Actually Go On That Trip"
We did suffice for the failed trip though. We had a girls night out. The funny part about it was that we realized we didn't have party cloths. All we had was jeans and tank tops which we couldn't wear to avoid being stopped at the gate. But how can grown ups in their late twenties not have party clothes? Preposterous!
And why should only half naked girls be allowed in a club?
What is happening to our culture? lol...
Long story short, we turned up looking peng and hopefully not slutty. I was accused of being the party mum just cos i made sure everyone was okay. Didi took a picture with Patoranking. Traymama didn't give a hoot about him. Queeny was the videographer.
The drive home by 3 am with Didi was therapeutic.
What do they say about life and lemonades again?

I went on however to execute my "Detty December" plans.
First on my list was Afro festival. Look out for How to Enjoy Attending a Festival Alone.


It was all shades of fun which had to end abruptly because I had to go home early and did I mention it was my first ever festival? Well, it was.

Second was the Bayelsa food and art festival that held in the city of Yenagoa. My book club had a stand there and I was one of the representatives. Also look out for some juice about the festival in another post. The festival ran for three days. The third day was a banger for me; my next stop would have been Dubai but for three numbers that happened.

By now it was already a week to Christmas, so the next stop was Lagos for some family time and then Abeokuta for Christmas.
Green legacy resort was the venue for our vacation. This place is like a small community on its own, read about it here. There is an amusement park, a zoo, gym, lounge, karaoke, Grill house, swimming pool, cinema, restaurant for fine dinning and lots more. We also branched "Olumo" rock where the tour guide gave us the history of the city under the rock. Their palmwine was on another level; definitely not for the feeble minded. The city also has an "Adire" market. Beautiful, affordable indigenous fabric.

It was a time of fun, laughter, jokes, jabs, pictures, Netflix and Chill, and everything nice. I can't forget the buffet breakfast lunch and dinner easily. There was more than enough to eat. The dinner was served on professionally set tables under the moonlight with good live band songs played by "Keggites" on their talking drums. Guess who graced our dinner on Christmas evening? Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. Did I mention he owns the place and it has been running for years now. Great customer service and worthwhile activities to occupy one's time there. I'll give it a 4 star.
A few days later, I was back in Lagos to fireworks in the sky while counting down to the new year.
So yeah! the December was really detty. The funny part of the whole experience was that it wasn't planned. I knew I had worked really hard during the year and needed a break in December, my plans to relax with my girls didn't work out but life happened and then the rest of the jolly just unfolded. The only thing I know is that I kept saying the December was going to be "detty". I didn't know how but it just unfolded.
You see the power of spoken words?
When you keep saying it, you come to believe it in your subconscious then nature releases it to you and you collect.
Hope I just sounded deep? (rhetoric) lol....
So yes, that's the story for today.
Love. XOXO.

Comments

  1. December to remember😊 Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaaaaa! Detty December indeed. I think you should do a price review for the resort for people planning their trips. ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!