While waiting.. .......


Have you ever been stuck in traffic on your way to work, a meet-up, an event, etc??
If you are a Lagosian, then that's not even a question.
OK, let me try again
Have you ever been the one on the waiting end, for the person stuck somewhere?  Maybe waiting  in the boardroom or a restaurant or even by the sidewalks??
Let's take it a little further
Have you ever waited patiently to finally meet the right guy, "your one" ?
                                OR
Waited for the shortlisted names from that exam you took ?
Or even as unserious as waited for the beans to get cooked?
Have you ever waited for anything at all in your life?

The real question here is, while waiting, what do you do?
Does life pause just in anticipation of your desired outcome or maybe even a disappointment?
Do you just sit and fuss
worry and whine
count the seconds as the clock ticks away
gain pounds from stress eating
or do you move on step by step with time

Well here's what you should do so your waiting doesn't seem endless and useless
While waiting;
Read a book
Write down ideas that pop up
Do a brain check on your to-do list
Review your day so far
Take a quick nap to refresh yourself
Finish that book
Take that short training course
Go on that vacation
Accept that job offer

While waiting for that 'thing', don't put your life on a pause or stand-still
While waiting, keep living
Then the wait won't be a waste regardless the outcome


This piece was written in the bank while waiting to be attended to.

Comments

  1. U have never waited for the result of HIV test that's y. No training course will ever cross your mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've never had a reason to but if maybe it happens in the future I think I'll just put my house in other....my clothes will go to my cousin and the money in my account to my elder brother.. .😂.. ..worse case scenario mindset

      Delete
    2. Put my house in order, I meant

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Attending a Festival ALONE? How much fun is that?

Are you Jealous or Insecure?

COVER YOUR SHAME!!!